Pages

Monday, 27 February 2012

My girl-spiration

Okay, I've done my transgender idols, with some hurdles...
Now I'm gonna do some real girls who inspire me. Let's see how this goes.

First in my list is Annie Clark, better known as indie musician St Vincent.
She's amazingly pretty, even without makeup, a snappy dresser, and a phenomenal guitarist/singer.
No photo here, but here's a video of her performing 'These Days'


Next on the list is Christina Hendricks.
Most people know her from Mad Men, but I'll always remember her as Yo-Saff-Bridge from Firefly.
She's curvy, spunky, a good actor and has a pretty face. And I just happen to have a thing for redheads.
And I love her dress in this pic...

Next on my list of lady inspiration is TV personality, Lauren Laverne.
Hailing from Sunderland, she first caught my eye as lead singer of Kenickie, but she's subsequently migrated from my tape player (yeah, it was that long ago) to my telly screen.
And I've gotta say, in everything I've seen her in, she's been pretty, beautifully-dressed, funny, satirical, and intelligent.
She now co-hosts 10 O'Clock Live, with Jimmy Carr, Charlie Brooker and David Mitchell; and she holds her own with these comedic marvels.

I know this doesn't seem like a lot of women for someone who spends most of his time ogling girls, but with my worship of women being what it is, the list would be far too long if I didn't leave it to just the upper pantheon of womanhood.



You may be wondering, right now:
This is all well and good, but where have you been all this time?

Well, I've been sat in the dark, eating chocolate, playing Viva Pinata, and listening to Pink Floyd albums on repeat.
Some might characterise that as a breakdown.
I prefer the more neutral term: 'Episode'

As for news, I'm thinking of coming out to my mum.
More on that as it develops...

And here's some nice pics:



Live long and prosper,
BAP!!

No comments:

Post a Comment