Pages

Saturday, 24 September 2011

Foot IN mouth disease

I may have made myself look like an arsehole today.

I had a conversation with a Big Issue vendor in my local town centre. (For non-brits, The Big Issue is a magazine, mainly sold by the homeless or impoverished)
I do speak to a lot of homeless people. They generally have a lot more to say than I, or any other middle-class person, could.

Anyway, he asked me if I wanted a Big Issue. I said no, I'd already got that particular issue.
He asked me if I could spare fifty pence, then. I said okay.
While I was fishing in my pockets for the requested money, he asked me how I was.
I said fine, but I'm just recovering from a tooth infection. It was pretty painful.

This was my mistake. I had temporarily lost my sense of proportion, which I immediately regained when I noticed what was left of his teeth.
And bless him, he was very sympathetic and friendly, and interested in my upcoming root canal.

Didn't stop me feeling like a complete shit head.
Me, standing there with a pocket full of new guitar strings and a prepaid card for a 2-month World of Warcraft subscription (that I'd bought on a spur of the moment *Shifty eyes*)
This other bloke has real issues to contend with. What have I got to complain about?

Ah well
C'est la vie
BAP!

6 comments:

  1. It's a legitimate game...
    Get off my back, woman!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If by legitimate you mean crap, sure. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and what's your preference, I wonder?

    Call of Duty?
    Now THAT's crap

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nahh hate Call of Duty, online I play Starcraft, Battlefield, Counter strike e.t.c. Offline, elder scrolls, mass effect and stuff. Good games basically ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, imagine Mass Effect or ES with millions of players running around the world, constant updates, greater depth of play, and frequent community events.

    And you've got something that vaguely approximates WoW.

    For the record: I love Mass Effect, and like Elder Scrolls

    ReplyDelete