Pages

Sunday, 24 July 2011

3 points

I have three points to make here

1. Sorry I've been neglecting the blog for the last week or so. I did have things I planned to write about but I just didn't have the motivation to actually start writing. It's a manic depressive thing.
I wonder how many times I can use that excuse....

2. The death of Amy Winehouse. It may be unlikely, but I did respect her musicianship.
I know a lot of people have taken some sort of smug satisfaction in her passing, saying that she had it coming and whatnot.
As far as I'm concerned, anyone passing before their time is a tragedy, even Bin Laden. His death may have been necessary, but I can't celebrate in the death of another.
On a related note, Amy's death marks her as an honorary member of the 27 club, along with Kurt Cobain, Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix, Janus Joplin and many others. For that, she is immortal.

3. I'm not afraid of clowns, I just think they're up to something. Just saying...




BAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment