Pages

Thursday, 7 July 2011

A crisis of justification

I had a major depressive period today.
I was going to write a lengthy, introspective post on it, but I've forgotten most of my thought processes during that time.

I do remember that it had something to do with not being able to justify my own existence.
I was thinking about whether my life was worth anything, and I came to the conclusion that it wasn't.

Here are the questions I was asking myself (and other people):
Have I ever improved anyone's life?
Are there any good points to my personality?
Will I have made a difference when I'm gone?
Has anyone ever complimented me?
Have I ever truly felt like a success?

The answers, I decided, were all "No"

I decided my appearance, intelligence, musical talent, personality, prior actions, and likability were all dangerously sub-par. I even felt horribly self-obsessed and whiny for all this introspection.
No-one could convince me otherwise...
Basically, I felt like the biggest shitbag in the world. I felt like every decision I've ever made has been wrong. To be honest, I felt like topping myself...

I didn't... Obviously.

But I think everyone feels like that at some point in their lives (and the fact that I have a mood disorder couldn't have helped).
Thankfully, I got over it.

I recommend that if you're ever feeling depressed:
Just stick it out and maybe you'll feel better later on.
Maybe go for a run and eat some chocolate. The endorphins will make it easier.

Have a nice day!


I'm told that this song has saved a few lives. Enjoy!

BAP!!

No comments:

Post a Comment