...again...
Typical!
Anyway, I do have some thoughts to share, I suppose. Let's start with how I name my posts.
Most of the time, when I can't think of a relevant name for my posts, I just use a random onomatpoeic phrase. This causes problems when I want to reference these posts, obviously.
But, I'm too lazy to change the names, let alone think of new ones. So I guess I'll just have to live with it.
On a related note, you may be wondering why I end all my posts with "BAP!!"
The reason for this comes from Hyperbole and a half, which I mentioned in an early post (which I don't know the name of. See above), and which you should be reading instead of my nonsense.
Anyhoo, there's a post on that blog about ways to get out of awkward situations, one of the suggested methods was a sudden loud noise, such as BAP!!
So, on an early post, when I'd finished blabbering on, I couldn't really think of an ending and it was kind of awkward, so I used BAP!
This happened on many posts, until I decided to make it conventional.
I also think it gives sort of a Robot Chicken feel to it.
Lastly, on a more serious note: Manic depression. I've noticed a trend; when I tell people I'm manic depressive, they tend to give me a sort of accusing/questioning/patronising look, like saying "Attention seeker" or "Drama queen".
I just want to make this clear. It's a real (albeit hard to diagnose), serious condition.
The life expectancy of manic depressives (or even unipolar depressives) is usually quite low. It's not surprising, since about half the time you feel invincible (which, by the way, you're not) and the other half, you're suicidally depressed. Of course, that's in very serious cases.
Even so, people experiencing the mania have even been known to hallucinate.
In some ways, bipolar is both better and worse than unipolar.
On one hand, when you go from mania to depression, there's further to fall; but on the other, when you're depressed, you've got something to look forward to.
I didn't really have anywhere I was going with this.
I'll just leave you with Stephen Fry (a well known bipolar sufferer and national treasure), who's far more eloquent on the subject than I am
Hey, guess what?
BAP!!!!
No-one should have any doubts that manic-depression is a serious psychiatric condition!!
ReplyDeleteDr. Vivian