I honestly have no idea what to write about today. If you have any ideas, feel free to let me know in the comments...
Until then I'm just going to have to ramble in a freeform style.
Ummm...
This is why I can never be a beat poet...
I have 2 followers now, which is wicked!
I've been sat here for 20 minutes since the last sentence. Still no ideas.
Someone once said that my handwriting indicates a disorganised mind, and I'm inclined to agree with him. I have tonnes of ideas buzzing around but I can't seem to catch any of them. Maybe that's what makes me so bad at trying to write lyrics.
They also said my handwriting means I'm a non-conformist.
It's very hard to be a non-conformist, as whatever you do, you're probably conforming in some way. Especially if you're a punk, goth, or emo.
They like to act all individual, but they only became individual by copying other individuals.
I feel sorry for the original guy who became a punk. He screwed up his hairdo and dressed like an idiot to become different from everyone else, and then everyone dressed up the same as him. Tragic...
I think fashion and aesthetics are two totally different things. They aren't mutually exclusive, but they are different.
Fashion, to use critical thinking terms, is an appeal to popularity and authority.
Put simply: A fashion designer comes up with something nobody's ever seen before (it may look good, it may not), he might lose money from it if nobody wants it, so he spreads the word that it's the latest fashion.
People think that if anyone knows what's fashionable, it'll be a fashion designer, so they start to wear it, and they continue to spread the word.
Other people see it in the street and they think "So many people can't be wrong", so they continue the cycle.
Suddenly EVERYONE is wearing what could possibly look like shit.
There are also cases where what looks good on one person won't look good on another.
Here's a list of fashion trends which I think either don't look good, or only look good on certain people:
Those long V neck cardigans
Shirts with buttons done all the way to the top, no tie (it makes people look like they're in a cult)
Skinny jeans (it makes people look like they're wearing clown shoes, except on women, who generally have smaller feet, and nicer bums)
Hair bows (it draws my attention to the top of your head, which is not where I want it to be when I'm talking to you)
Hair flowers, to a lesser extent
Black leggings (just unpleasant, somehow)
Big fake diamond earrings (the men who wear these are the type of people who'd call me gay as an insult)
Shirts tucked in (just loosen up)
Ties
A lot of this is a result of the "Scene" fashion trend, as it's known in England. I think the scene trend originated from chav kids thinking that they could become individual and deep by copying the emos. But they copied them badly and ended up looking like sluts (women) and douches (men), and they still don't even listen to decent music.
I normally don't make these kinds of value judgements, but I seem to have gotten pretty riled up, and I apologise...
Even so, in summary:
Please dress like a human being....
I don't know how I ended up talking about this....
Here's something weird to make it up to you:
BAP!!
No comments:
Post a Comment